Click on each of the soldiers below to find out more.
Did you know?
- The most common type of soldiers were infantry (foot soldiers).
- Infantry regiments contained pikemen and musketeers.
- Cavalry were soldiers who fought on horseback.
- Dragoons were mounted infantry soldiers. They rode to where they were needed and then dismounted from their horses and attacked on foot.
- Gunners were men who loaded and fired cannons. An army’s cannons are known as artillery or “ordinance”.
Revise this topic
Play: High Score Wins!
Download the instructions, fact and score sheets below.
- Artillery – fact sheet | score sheet
- Cavalry- fact sheet | score sheet
- Dragoon – fact sheet | score sheet
- Musketeer – fact sheet | score sheet
- Pikeman – fact sheet | score sheet